What happens to our aging cells? | How are female and male brains different ? | Is yeast more intelligent than humans?
These are questions our students explore.
Research Immersion Program – The Experience:
- Synthesize life science fundamentals
- Formulate hypotheses and design experiments
- Culture and maintain organisms in the lab
- Collect and process samples
- Execute experiments
- Collect, manage, and analyze data
- Review primary literature
- Communicate your research through poster presentations and seminars attended by scientists and industry leaders.
Our joint immersion program with UCSD Division of Extended Studies fosters opportunities for collaboration, internships, and career advancement for pre-college students.
AIP 197 – Academic Internship – UC San Diego
What does research at Boz mean?
- Become a significantly contributing member as a researcher/analyst on one of our teams!
- Research projects include: neurobiology, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics and epigenetics, environmental science and toxicology, plant ecology and evolution, biostatistics, bioinformatics, and science education
What do you gain?
- Learn to: critically review scientific literature during journal clubs, formulate hypotheses, design and execute experiments, maintain lab organisms, apply molecular biology methodology, collect and process samples, generate and analyze data
- Communicate: participate in weekly lab meetings, relay research findings bi-weekly, present formal science seminar upon program completion
- Complete: peer-reviewed scientific journal-style report on your research project
- Receive: academic research credits
must be current UCSD undergraduate student – no academic level requirements