Research Immersion Programs
Academic Internship Program
Meet Our High School Students
Melania and Rin enjoyed presenting their research findings during our Spring 2022 Neurobiology and Epigenetics program.
Natalie, a high school student from Oregon, participated in the summer 2020 virtual program researching aging / cellular protein aggregation in C. elegans, is currently interning with Boz.
AIP 197 – Academic Internship – UC San Diego
What does research at Boz mean?
- Become a significantly contributing member as a researcher/analyst on one of our teams!
- Research projects include: neurobiology, cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics and epigenetics, environmental science and toxicology, plant ecology and evolution, biostatistics, bioinformatics, and science education
What do you gain?
- Learn to: critically review scientific literature during journal clubs, formulate hypotheses, design and execute experiments, maintain lab organisms, apply molecular biology methodology, collect and process samples, generate and analyze data
- Communicate: participate in weekly lab meetings, relay research findings bi-weekly, present formal science seminar upon program completion
- Complete: peer-reviewed scientific journal-style report on your research project
- Receive: academic research credits
must be current UCSD undergraduate student – no academic level requirements